Accessing the CHSP

How to Receive Commonwealth Home Support Programme Aged Care Services

The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) can only be accessed through the single entry point which is called My Aged Care.

My Aged Care was introduced on 1 July 2013 and is the central point where older people, their families and carers receive aged care information and can be referred to appropriate aged care services, such as the CHSP.

To find out if you are eligible to access CHSP services, you will need to access the My Aged Care system either online at or by calling the My Aged Care Contact Centre on 1800 200 422.

This diagram briefly describes the process:

My Aged Care process diagram

Learn More